Join us for the popular NAWIC site visit
Refunds: We cannot give any refunds for this event, please make sure you can attend befoe purchaisng the ticket, more below
As June is our Green Month, we wanted to learn from best practice and chose a building which achieved 98.5, the highest scoring office building, using the BREEAM standards: Bloomberg European HQ,
Bloomberg have kindly agreed to host our visit and to share their collective experience with attendees.
The beautifully crafted Stirling Prize winner sits at the heart of the City of London comfortably and respectful to its context.
The vision of former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg became a reality in the hands of the team at Foster + Partners, whose original design intent was delivered by Sir Robert McAlpine.
Starting with a very positive use of the often overlooked Ground Floor, the development has not only recuperated a historical route and some of the most exciting Roman ruins in recent years but also managed to create a destination within a beautifully crafted building. This is a great example of the opportunities design can unlock when the users (employees and community) are part of the design brief.
Some key green features you might not be familiar with are
- Integrated ceiling panels, which contribute to heating, cooling, lighting and acoustic performance
- Rainwater harvesting
- Natural ventilation through its beatiful bronze fins
- Smart air distribution system to adapt ventilation to levels of occupancy
- An on-site combined heat and power (CHP)
- 4:00 Arrival
- 4:15 Guided Site visit
- 5:15 Q&A
Attendance will be open to members and non-members subject to ticket availability. Tickets are limited, which is why we would like to ask you to avoid booking without making sure you will be able to attend
Tickets will not be refundable and all proceedings from this event will be used as part of our Educational Fund .
- The Fund (set up in 2016) is regional and generated both by setting aside 25% of the proceedings from our regular events (after paying for all costs) and 100% of our site visits.
- We use the Fund money to pay for the materials we need to deliver our educational events (at universities, schools and girl guiding) and to cover the costs of sponsored tickets and a number of free tickets to benefit our partner organisations.
If you are curious about this remarkable project LINK