For this year’s conference, and given the opportunity that running the events digitally has provided us, we wanted to host a family event.
Not only we will be screening on a Sunday to enable you to watch this movie as a family, but we will also host an ideas competition for children to share with us their takeaways from the movie
- Award-winning director Damon Gameau (That Sugar Film) embarks on a journey to explore what the future could look like by the year 2040 if we simply embraced the best solutions already available to us to improve our planet and shifted them rapidly into the mainstream.
- Structured as a visual letter to his 4-year-old daughter, Damon blends traditional documentary with dramatised sequences and high-end visual effects to create a vision board of how these solutions could regenerate the world for future generations.
Why this event:
- This event has been designed by our committee member Georgia who is an environmental engineer and UNESCO Special Envoy for Youth & the Environment.
- Georgia is an active environmentalist and she is currently leading a case to make incinerators accountable for the pollution they generate. If you want to learn more and support her work, do visit her CrowdJustice campaign (LINK)
The ideas competition for children:
- category 1:children up to 12
- category 2 teens up to 18
Two awards per category:
- 1st price : £50 vouchers
- 2nd price : £25 vouchers
What we are after:
- We want ideas inspired by the movie to make their world better.
- We welcome text, drawings, and movies.
- email us entries to email@example.com
Deadline: 4th of November
Find educational activities based on the movie here: https://www.coolaustralia.org/cool-2040-film-curriculum-materials/